With more than 8,000 people experiencing homelessness in Alameda County each night, the commitment to ending homelessness is a top priority for our County’s leaders. Over the past three years Alameda County has invested more than $340 million towards efforts to address homelessness, and in December of 2019 the Alameda County Board of Supervisors approved the launch of the Health Care Services Agency (HCSA) Office of Homeless Care and Coordination.
The Office of Homeless Care and Coordination serves to implement expanded services and supports and lead the development of a strategic framework to address homelessness. The Office is working to build a robust, integrated, and coordinated system of homelessness and housing services in Alameda County, and to improve efficiency and coordination within HCSA and with external partners. The Office of Homeless Care and Coordination will also serve as a triaging point of contact around addressing and working to end homelessness across the County.
NEWSAlameda County Awarded $6.5 Million to Address Youth Homelessness
OHCC Director, Kerry Abbott speaks with the East Bay Rental Housing Association about homelessness in Alameda County and how property owners can help be part of the effort to end homelessness.
- Regional Impact Council’s Regional Action Plan (RAP) - Created by leaders from across the Bay Area, the Regional Action Plan identifies strategies to reduce regional homelessness by 75% in three years
- Alameda County Partners Create ‘Racial Equity Strategy’ to End Homelessness
- Need Rental Assistance? - Find out if you’re eligible for emergency rental assistance
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information for People Experiencing Homelessness
- Heat Emergency Resources for People Experiencing Homelessness
- Alameda County Project Roomkey Updates
Learn more about the Project Roomkey hotels that have provided temporary housing for thousands of unsheltered residents in Alameda County as part of California’s emergency response for COVID-19.
- Do you have an Alameda County housing unit to lease?
We are seeking property owners/housing providers — like you — who can help local residents who need a home. Program benefits include:
- Guaranteed on-time monthly payments from a nonprofit organization
- Financial incentives
- Support to help property owners with any tenant issues and resident support services available for tenants
For more information, contact us today!
ACHomes@acgov.org | 510-777-2100